Assignment Title: Consulting services for development of an intelligent road safety and network management system of roads network of Ukraine.
The State Road Agency of Ukraine has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the project “Road Sector Development Project”, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include services for development of intelligent road safety and network management system of roads network of Ukraine for improvement of road safety:
• Tolling system;
• Weigh-in-motion system for axle load control;
• Automatic speed enforcement system.
The main objective of the assignment is:
• Systematize ITS experience of several countries;
• Develop the design of an integrated road sector intelligent transport system (ITS) in Ukraine, including three main components: electronic toll collection or e-vignette (ETC), weigh-in-motion (WIM) and automated speed enforcement (ASE);
• Propositions for amendments to legislation of Ukraine, development drafts of appropriate legal acts, and necessary support for its adoption;
• Conduct social studies and develop PR campaign plan to support the ITS implementation in Ukraine;
• Presenting of the ITS concept to appropriate bodies of execution and legislative power;
• Development a plan for the nationwide roll-out of the system including necessary tender documents.
The assignment is to be performed on Ukrainian common use state road network.
The assignment is expected to start in July, 2016 and last till the end of 2016.
The Ukravtodor now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
• Experience of design works in road sector on countries, similar to Ukraine;
• Experience of development and integration of such transport systems;
• Availability of experienced staff.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers” published January 2011 (Consultant Guidelines) and, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. Interested consultants should clearly indicate the structure of their “association” and the duties of the partners and sub consultants in their application. Unclear expression of interests in terms of “in association with” and/or “in affiliation with” and etc. may not be considered for shortlisting.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09.00 to 18.00 of Kiev time.
Expressions of interest to be clearly marked “Consulting services for development of intelligent road safety and network management system of roads network of Ukraine” and delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail by 8th April, 2016 16:30, local time).
If you are interesting in applying or if you wish to contact local service providers in Ukraine ahead of any bid for this project please contact ITS Ukraine’s Chairman, Ian Bearder by email at: email@example.com.